If you are creative, principled and passionate, this might be the place for you.
3a Tariff Street
+44(0)161 541 2421
A team with expertise in acoustics, architectural and interior design, joinery, product development, and manufacture. We provide market leading solutions by combining these skills.
We bridge the gap between architects, interior designers, acousticians, contractors and installers.
Our office is based in Manchester City Centre, a short walk from Piccadilly train station.
We seek to hire people who show the potential to develop over time, with an ability to contribute to various areas of the business.
This requires a commitment from both sides, to learn and work hard.
It is with this commitment though, that a strong team is created which can thrive over the long run.
In a business such as ours, it is critical that every team member is genuinely excited about the projects.
That is what brings us together and makes the hard work worthwhile.
The projects we work on are often complex and the consequences of mistakes, high.
Because of this, new team members can expect to have a period of generally assisting the team whilst learning about the way we operate.
You will see though that whoever has the best idea, that will be the implemented plan.
That individual is now developing credibility in that area.
With a commitment to the long term development of individuals and the team, this requires openness about any issues we see, whether they are due to ourselves or our colleagues.
This can be uncomfortable, as we may have to face hard truths or speak up about the failings of others.
It is important to recognise though, that this honesty is how an effective team works, and we should see criticism as an opportunity to grow, rather than as a threat.
We want to promote an environment where individuals feel free to be open, knowing that this will lead to the betterment of themselves and the team, and that they will be respected for doing so.
We are looking for a experienced and hard-working team member to work on estimating and assisting in the growth of the business from our Manchester office.
We operate on a supply only basis, and the sales process typically involves:
- Initial enquiry from architect >>
- Main Contractor tender Enquiry >>
- Subcontractor allocation / enquiry >>
It is once we engage with contractors that you would be involved.
Our solutions can be technical so you would be involved with the specification and design team to ensure we capture the scope of each project. It would also be greatly beneficial for the candidate to have knowledge of joinery, acoustics, ceiling and partition construction; or all of these.
- Organise incoming tender enquiries
- Update and manage the enquiry register
- Assess tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare a tender
- Where full information is not available, use keen judgment to fill in the gaps
- Take off quantities
- Keep diligent records and drawing registers and update as new information becomes available
- Develop systems to allow concise information transfer between customer, project management team, and production
- Maintain and form relationships with suppliers and clients
- Keep abreast of raw material costs and potential uplifts
- Manage client lead time expectations
- Training and support for approved installers
- Proven ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Track record of estimating and working directly with clients
- Experience with contractors and designers in a commercial capacity
- CAD experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication
With the wide range of technical solutions we provide and the product development underway, there could be the potential for the role to progress in to crossover with design, engineering and site support.
As soon as possible
Northern Quarter, Manchester.
(5 minute walk from Piccadilly Train Station).
Dependent on experience
Please send your CV to